Skip to main content

In the face of death, all stands trivial

life.




ends.


eventually.


i count my blessings many times a day, for having all my loved ones by my side. for being alive.

at 10, as i light up those joss sticks n pray for blessings. i wish for success in my studies, my life.

at 15, i started to pray for everyone in my family. n started to feel tt i've slightly matured n became less self centered, starting to care for my family...

at 17, i pray for everyone in my life. thn i realised tt caring for others, in an indirect sort of way, is my way of being selfish.

bt selfish i'll cont to b.


i won't deny, i fear the cycle of life n death. i fear it, reject it, and try to ignore it. but death has time n again stared me in the face, such tt i cant help but acknowledge its presence. i'm frightened by the fragility of life. by how easily life in a person cn disappear, the way i can choose to shut down this computer.


i cannot stand the thought of losing someone. cant stand the thought of anyone losing something as valuable as life. can't stand the unfairness of it all.


bt i understand that it's inevitable. that 1 day, the one most important to me will pass on. tt one day i will pass on. it's simply a matter of tym. if fate dictates it to b so, i may die in my sleep afterwards. i may, cant rule out that possibility. but if fate decides otherwise, i might live on, n rise to see the sunrise tomorrow; and pray my buddha, see my family once again. for one more day, everyday.


in a way, it boosts me to strive, n work, n leave no regrets. i have to leave one day, my loved ones too. bt we're not leaving behind a life of regrets. no. i want to have everyone look back n smile at the life they had. n perhaps, after that tumult of sadness n despair, we cn smile at wat had been.perhaps.


the human spirit, is irreplaceable. that fighting spirit, that ability to shower care, that strength in adversity. i've witnessed ppl go thru death in remarkable strength. i truly salute them. i'm unsure if i can be the same, bt i hope tt i cn be, for the sake of myself n others.


right now, let me live life fully, with no regrets. live a life of fulfilment. to put it pesimistically, i'm preparing for my n other's passing on. if i cn chg the situation, i will. n i'll try everything. maybe one day during my funeral, ppl will hum to "i'm walking on sunshine... oh oh ooh..."

i'm thankful i can still type. thankful my mum cn still nag.

wat's da greatest wealth in life? the ability to eat shit n sleep. it's true.


i noe it will all end one day. that the day will come, when grades, wages, jobs, gst, politics, terrorism will cease to be of importance. i'm jus refusing to admit it. let me live in denial, up to the day im forced to face up to reality.


i have not been thru the pains of parting.... so i perhaps cant understand as well... bt, i understand enuf to noe... tt it's not sth i want to understand yet.


live on, n live on strong. until the day i lose u, or u lose me; whn tt day comes, we'll live on even stronger thn before. take each stride in life with more confidence n strength, guarded by blessings of our loved ones, whether or not thy are physically thr.

b4 i run out of tym. i love u. to everyone in my life.

sk

p/s: i was struck by the sudden gush of helplessness against the vicious cycle of life. wahaha i had to pen [or rather, type this down. i name this day, the day i once again woke up to the truth of life!! =D rarrr, dont worry, i'm not thinking of suicide, just in case anyone worries about tt. i'm perfectly calm, n i'm aiming to live on to a ripe age. just, facing up. =) really =)


haa, i myt just decide to do sth completely unlyk me. sth out of my world. something crazy. wahaha. ALL IN THE SPRIT OF LIFE! =D

finally, i apologise fr this out of the ordinary post :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recluse

Once every so often, I like to withdraw into myself and shut out the world- whimsically. Just stop talking. No real reasons. Not really the first time. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps, this is a part of me that needs some getting used to. Perhaps, the people who knows me, knows this happens. Perhaps, the people who do, doesnt exist. Perhaps i'm wrong- Perhaps this is selfish. But once, just once, every so often- i'd like to claim my leave from social behaviors. Just once every so often, i'd like to disappear. Take the phone off the hook- for ages. -I'm sorry though, if my habits hurt. And i do so appreciate the concern too. But, like my daddy says: ourself knows best. sk

overwhelming

i woke up at 4am this morning without an alarm, thinking about all the work undone. realising it's the 12th, and that i'm meeting AC on the 19th to run through my presentation, which i haven't editted. thinking about needing to submit 12 more prescriptions by tomorrow, and i haven't done any. thinking about topics discussions that have't been fulfilled. thinking. thinking. thinking. but unable to drag myself outta bed; my body resisting to put itself through the tsunami of shit. grr. i shall shut both my eyes and trudge through it. Need to remind myself really, that work never stops. ever. Need to remind myself of who i am truly- that i exist without the work. i simply have to start living and breathing again. A random thought, you know how some sites like to ask you to key in some verification code before posting? I like the way blogger does it. "Please prove that you're not a robot." haha, but unfortunately, i think i am becoming one. ok. e

Limited time

We all have limited time on this Earth,  and a limited 24 hours in a day. What you choose to pack into that 24 hours, will decide what your life portrait will look like at the end of your road. (Yes, I think a lot about the end of the road nowadays.) I was just thinking to myself yesterday, if i applied the "rise of the guardian" concept to myself, what would my core be? I had wanted it to be love. I had thought that love shouldn't be limited. I had thought, that I would be able to dedicate a certain share of love to all the people in my life, who needed the care at the point in time when they do. I had thought, that my heart should be big enough to welcome as many people in as possible. Because ultimately, at the end of my road, I want to breath my last breath smiling, knowing that I have made a difference to people. I had thought that was possible, but i forgot that while my heart can be limitless, my time can't. In trying to be everybody's friend, I have fa