Skip to main content

.

it's gonna be an emo post. Please don't comment cus i don't really want consolation, i just need the rant. or even better- please dont read it.

mc paper today was a piece of rubbish. this is exactly like its last test for mc. when i came out of the test worrying about not completing the paper, worrying about the parts that i think i'll fail, but thankful for at least the questions that i got correct. im an easily satisfied person you know. but then, along comes somebody who accurately, sharply and very painfully point out a crucial mistake in those too. n that's it, i'm officially gonna fail the paper. just like failing pharmaco. im not somebody who takes results overly seriously. n i know we shouldnt worry about the Bs and Cs. But how about the Ds and Es? I.... really wanted to pull up my cap this sem. i think i've put that out of my mind already. and i sincerely say i worked much harder this sem than i ever did. i cant really survive without sleep. But this sem more than ever, i find myself pushing and pushing just so that i can go through everything in detail and not as a rush. hey, i figured, if everybody else can do it. why not you? think about how much you want this. but even so. even then. i think this is about the worst sem ever. It really sucked the during the test, when i was consoling myself over the fact that hey, at least u got that qn right. im sure. it was when i was settling for a pass, and i realise that i was wrong. that i dont even have the luxury of settling for a pass this time. i came out of today's exam, feeling the same "well, nvm. at least..." until, i got a call, when i was so close to home, mood much lifted. somebody called to clarify about my answer. dont get me wrong, i dont blame you for it. i think it's good to clarify. i think ultimately it should still be about the learning, not the grades. But this just kinda hurts. badly. im happy that you got it right though. n i'm kinda happy to understand the answer too. but still- sigh. and please dont snidely tell me that i do well even if i dont study, or if i say i wouldnt. that was a thing of the past. please get over it. because it hurts each time i get that from you guys. but i never made a sound over the past 2+ years cus i understand you didnt mean to stab me. but for this once, please believe me and try to avoid rubbing salt into my wound. i'd appreicate it. i think i'll know myself better. rereading thus far, i think this is a very trivial post. one of my most trivial one ever. but it means a lot to me, the changes that this sem would make. its symbolic to me in so many ways that i wouldnt list out. but yes, it is very important to me. it's my third year. a rather academically depressing 3rd year. i dont really have many more chances to improve my grades. and i want to do honours. and i dont like to be bottom of the class. i guess perhaps hardwork isnt enough. focusing on the right things is important too. again at this point, dont get me wrong. i am demoralised. i am very disappointed cus i had high hopes for this. i am very sad. But i am not giving up. and i will keep trying till i get it right. i made mistakes. alot of them too. but it's a learning process.though a painful painful one. i understand that. and im gonna pick myself up now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recluse

Once every so often, I like to withdraw into myself and shut out the world- whimsically. Just stop talking. No real reasons. Not really the first time. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps, this is a part of me that needs some getting used to. Perhaps, the people who knows me, knows this happens. Perhaps, the people who do, doesnt exist. Perhaps i'm wrong- Perhaps this is selfish. But once, just once, every so often- i'd like to claim my leave from social behaviors. Just once every so often, i'd like to disappear. Take the phone off the hook- for ages. -I'm sorry though, if my habits hurt. And i do so appreciate the concern too. But, like my daddy says: ourself knows best. sk

overwhelming

i woke up at 4am this morning without an alarm, thinking about all the work undone. realising it's the 12th, and that i'm meeting AC on the 19th to run through my presentation, which i haven't editted. thinking about needing to submit 12 more prescriptions by tomorrow, and i haven't done any. thinking about topics discussions that have't been fulfilled. thinking. thinking. thinking. but unable to drag myself outta bed; my body resisting to put itself through the tsunami of shit. grr. i shall shut both my eyes and trudge through it. Need to remind myself really, that work never stops. ever. Need to remind myself of who i am truly- that i exist without the work. i simply have to start living and breathing again. A random thought, you know how some sites like to ask you to key in some verification code before posting? I like the way blogger does it. "Please prove that you're not a robot." haha, but unfortunately, i think i am becoming one. ok. e

Limited time

We all have limited time on this Earth,  and a limited 24 hours in a day. What you choose to pack into that 24 hours, will decide what your life portrait will look like at the end of your road. (Yes, I think a lot about the end of the road nowadays.) I was just thinking to myself yesterday, if i applied the "rise of the guardian" concept to myself, what would my core be? I had wanted it to be love. I had thought that love shouldn't be limited. I had thought, that I would be able to dedicate a certain share of love to all the people in my life, who needed the care at the point in time when they do. I had thought, that my heart should be big enough to welcome as many people in as possible. Because ultimately, at the end of my road, I want to breath my last breath smiling, knowing that I have made a difference to people. I had thought that was possible, but i forgot that while my heart can be limitless, my time can't. In trying to be everybody's friend, I have fa