Skip to main content

change.

Another week flew past, and looking back on the past two weeks, i think i have done many things that leaves much more to be desired. I'm not just talking about school work per se though.


School has been intriguing! I really do honestly enjoy learning new things with each lecture. I am having fun in lectures! =D So let me dedicate a short something for each of my lecturer.


Physiology: my lecturer's one funny man! seriously! his sense of wit, sarcasm and humour is unparalleled, [yes, even by me! =D]! I haven't once sat through a lecture without wondering in amazement, what sort of person he exactly is. Lol, like for example, when he was teaching us about how multiple excitations from various neurones can arrive at a single post synaptic membrane. He links this to multi- tasking. "how amazing the human body don't you think? that we're able to do so many things at one time. Like how i find it exceptionally amazing that some students can be looking at me and nodding, while their fingers are typing away on their phones!". talk about catching us unprepared! =D lol... fantastic lecturer (yes, he's extremely clear in explanation!)


Physical pharmacy: my lecturer reminds me of agnes! =D she's SUPER CUTE! =D wahaha, she's from hong kong, and so she speaks in my ever-favourite hong kong accent! n lol, because she' teaching us about phases- solid liquid gas phase- whenever we get a bit too rowdy, she'll without fail, crack the same joke (ev lecture! =D) about howwe're all in gas phase and need to get back to liquid, if not solid phase. And lol, i think she's probably the only lecturer who'll..... (during our lab briefing) "you MUST remember to bring your lab coats! if not... i will LAUGH at you!" *cracks herself up into fits of laughter =D* how funny is that man! =D


ppda: er, the lecturer seems to be a pretty jolly and nice guy... i'm presuming la... cus i actually need to understand what he says before i can form any sort of impression... =D yes, he's a russian, so his accent is a bit tough for us to get used to...

it's super amusing during lecture, when i turn back from my front row seat, to see an entire lt of blur face, shock n open mouths. literally! (no kidding!). i LAUGHED out loud k! =D but he's realy patient i think... ppl can pulll him back for up to 20mins durng lecture... i think i wld've told the person to talk after class...


anatomy: havent had any proper proper lectures as of yet... but! so far so good! went to the anat hall last week! had a close up encounter with a cadeva! (unsure of spelling). it's woohooo amazing k! i can swear i know each n everyone of u inside out! yes! i know how ur guts look like! :D we also visited the anat museum which has MANY MANY preserved body parts and samples.... the most memorable being the development of the foetus... couldn't help thinking how many babies must have died before they had such a nice collection in good chronology... i swear you'll be amazed how tiny u were! at 12 weeks! but yet, how distinctly clear each finger of yours were! extremely intriguing... also got to see the human brain! picture this! you right cheek. then slowly mkae a 180 turn, and imagine nth there, so you can see right through to your brain! WOAH ok! plus all the skulls had their eyes opened! scary like anything!


so ya, u probably can tell, i do enjoy lessons! just that, i think uni is lacking in the FEEL good factor... yes, emphasis on FEELings... the sense of cohesiveness you used to have to is simply not there... though the people here are probably the most friendly and open group i've ever met... but it's not all about just having fun... i'm sure you know what i'm saying... you might be able to tell how much more tame i've become... cus i don't have my friends to indulge me! so yes, i miss YOU! --> with you being generic.


------------

on another note, how hard do you think it is to change your frame of mind? or worse, change a manner of being? like telling myself not to imagine and guess at underlying implications; like asking me not to be insecure; like asking me to have faith without anything substantial proof. how hard is it really? ultra hard i think. i've grown to depend on proof. call it ego, but i only believe what i see for myself. with exceptions to very few ppl who can convince me that they're views are right. i'm used to proving things for myself. no proof= no truth. Having to have faith simply by the belief of it is tough. super tough. but i'm trying. For a cause that i still deem as important to me. i'll be even better!



but trying to do it is tearing me apart. =S


i'm tired.


RAR!




ok that was bloody emo =D. ignore and onwards!


-------------------------


i hope everyone's doing well! stay healthy n don't fall sick! =)


sk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recluse

Once every so often, I like to withdraw into myself and shut out the world- whimsically. Just stop talking. No real reasons. Not really the first time. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps, this is a part of me that needs some getting used to. Perhaps, the people who knows me, knows this happens. Perhaps, the people who do, doesnt exist. Perhaps i'm wrong- Perhaps this is selfish. But once, just once, every so often- i'd like to claim my leave from social behaviors. Just once every so often, i'd like to disappear. Take the phone off the hook- for ages. -I'm sorry though, if my habits hurt. And i do so appreciate the concern too. But, like my daddy says: ourself knows best. sk

overwhelming

i woke up at 4am this morning without an alarm, thinking about all the work undone. realising it's the 12th, and that i'm meeting AC on the 19th to run through my presentation, which i haven't editted. thinking about needing to submit 12 more prescriptions by tomorrow, and i haven't done any. thinking about topics discussions that have't been fulfilled. thinking. thinking. thinking. but unable to drag myself outta bed; my body resisting to put itself through the tsunami of shit. grr. i shall shut both my eyes and trudge through it. Need to remind myself really, that work never stops. ever. Need to remind myself of who i am truly- that i exist without the work. i simply have to start living and breathing again. A random thought, you know how some sites like to ask you to key in some verification code before posting? I like the way blogger does it. "Please prove that you're not a robot." haha, but unfortunately, i think i am becoming one. ok. e

Limited time

We all have limited time on this Earth,  and a limited 24 hours in a day. What you choose to pack into that 24 hours, will decide what your life portrait will look like at the end of your road. (Yes, I think a lot about the end of the road nowadays.) I was just thinking to myself yesterday, if i applied the "rise of the guardian" concept to myself, what would my core be? I had wanted it to be love. I had thought that love shouldn't be limited. I had thought, that I would be able to dedicate a certain share of love to all the people in my life, who needed the care at the point in time when they do. I had thought, that my heart should be big enough to welcome as many people in as possible. Because ultimately, at the end of my road, I want to breath my last breath smiling, knowing that I have made a difference to people. I had thought that was possible, but i forgot that while my heart can be limitless, my time can't. In trying to be everybody's friend, I have fa