Skip to main content

21/2/07

i don't understand. i fail to see what can drive such behavior. i do not see how such evil can exist.


why? i do not see how any sort of behavior can warrant a "i think u should just die. you know why? cus nobody cares."

that's appalling, unacceptable, revolting and the list goes on. what happened to respect? to care for humanity? care begins from home, from a person as an individual. if one lacks the ability to spare a thought for the fellow human beings around him, 1, 2, 3 10, 20.... packets of blood will not redeem him. he will still be as he is- heartless and insensitive. allow me to be frank.

let me first compose myself.


ryt


human nature can take on so many shocking turns. 18 years of my life on the face of Earth, i've seen many different types of ppl. i once thought everybody was lyk my friends- nice understanding and accomodating. i went up to secondary, then i know that tact is a gift. but that was alryt, a few hard slashings, and i've become reasonably immuned. i must say, it even made me a better person. at 16, i thought mindless insensitivity was a heaven forbidding sin. then i arrived in jc. i realise i had all along been living in my lala land of a paraduise. i saw reality. or rather, reality dawned on me, without my consent. i met people who were sinners in the old context; they were nice to see. i was then introduced to malice- an entirely foreign concept.

i started by dismissing it all. i had gullibly thought and believed such evil would not exist. i had been kind as to think the best of everybody; to think that at 18, ppl were mature enough not to engage in mindless bullying. yes, i say bullying. i overestimated the goood of humanity, and underestimated the powers of the evils of human nature. i'm increasingly disillusioned.

i stone and ponder, why does such malice exist? had the agressors suffered some grave injustice such that thy nd to release it on some subject? no. more often thn not, i obeserved, that's never the case. had the victims committed some grave crime? sucky attitude hardly warrants a disregard for the value of your life. no. does this all sound way too feeble to you? it does to me. i came to a conclusion, people don't need a reason to be evil. it's a matter of choice. thy're evil, cus thy're evil.

shocking i think, but thr's hardly anything i can do about it as i cannot remove the seed of evilness withing thm... it exasperates me. i hate being helpless. hate to see ppl who matter to me be hurt in such a way. angry that such evil even exists. just urgh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recluse

Once every so often, I like to withdraw into myself and shut out the world- whimsically. Just stop talking. No real reasons. Not really the first time. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps, this is a part of me that needs some getting used to. Perhaps, the people who knows me, knows this happens. Perhaps, the people who do, doesnt exist. Perhaps i'm wrong- Perhaps this is selfish. But once, just once, every so often- i'd like to claim my leave from social behaviors. Just once every so often, i'd like to disappear. Take the phone off the hook- for ages. -I'm sorry though, if my habits hurt. And i do so appreciate the concern too. But, like my daddy says: ourself knows best. sk

overwhelming

i woke up at 4am this morning without an alarm, thinking about all the work undone. realising it's the 12th, and that i'm meeting AC on the 19th to run through my presentation, which i haven't editted. thinking about needing to submit 12 more prescriptions by tomorrow, and i haven't done any. thinking about topics discussions that have't been fulfilled. thinking. thinking. thinking. but unable to drag myself outta bed; my body resisting to put itself through the tsunami of shit. grr. i shall shut both my eyes and trudge through it. Need to remind myself really, that work never stops. ever. Need to remind myself of who i am truly- that i exist without the work. i simply have to start living and breathing again. A random thought, you know how some sites like to ask you to key in some verification code before posting? I like the way blogger does it. "Please prove that you're not a robot." haha, but unfortunately, i think i am becoming one. ok. e

Limited time

We all have limited time on this Earth,  and a limited 24 hours in a day. What you choose to pack into that 24 hours, will decide what your life portrait will look like at the end of your road. (Yes, I think a lot about the end of the road nowadays.) I was just thinking to myself yesterday, if i applied the "rise of the guardian" concept to myself, what would my core be? I had wanted it to be love. I had thought that love shouldn't be limited. I had thought, that I would be able to dedicate a certain share of love to all the people in my life, who needed the care at the point in time when they do. I had thought, that my heart should be big enough to welcome as many people in as possible. Because ultimately, at the end of my road, I want to breath my last breath smiling, knowing that I have made a difference to people. I had thought that was possible, but i forgot that while my heart can be limitless, my time can't. In trying to be everybody's friend, I have fa